The Office of the Director of Operations at the Presidency, Lord Commey has denied his involvement in the shooting and subsequent death of one Iddrisu Abass during the December 7 voting exercise at the Ablekuma Central collation centre.
Mr Abass allegedly sustained gun injuries at the Ablekuma Central Collation Center on Election Day.
Dr Commey says there is a “mischievous attempt” to blame him for the death of Mr Abass.
A statement from Dr Commey’s office denying his involvement in the death of Mr Abass said:
1. We wish to state unequivocally that Lord Commey had no knowledge, and or had not ordered or sent anyway to open fire on anyone.
2. At no time did the Security assigned to him (Lord Commey) open any fire on any civilian.
3. That Lord Commey have no authority over the Personnel of the Ghana Armed Forces or those of the Ghana Police Service.
5. It is imperative to explain that no government appointee controls the Constitutional Responsibilities, and rules of engagement of the Ghana Army.
6. Let it be place on record, that the Director Operations was nowhere near the Collation Center.
7. We enjoined the public to treat the information with utmost contempt it deserves.